fot

Re: [Fot] My favorite memory of Jack...

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <GSFuqua1@aol.com>, <cartravel@pobox.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] My favorite memory of Jack...
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:29:19 -0500

--===============0675012877==

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C90502.B847DA80

Bill,

Larry may have remembered the liner issue as the cause of Jack's car =
being down incorrectly but the rest of the story was most likely =
accurate. As I remember it Jack had some issue and they put the head on =
Jack's car. The next day his camshaft failed putting Jack out for the =
weekend, making the head available for the liner spinning exercise.=20

These details aren't a big deal, and do not affect what is another great =
Jack story, but in this case Jack's car went down because of a part =
failure that he quickly went on to analyzing. I don't know if a =
universal answer to the cause of the camshaft failure was ever arrived =
at but Jack had a cam that was ground on one a new remanufactured blank. =
He surmised that there was a issue with the camshaft distributor drive =
gear hobbing on these aftermarket cores, affecting its mating with the =
distributor drive gear. The evidence was in the wear on the drive gear. =
Jack at work.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20