fot

Re: [Fot] My favorite memory of Jack...

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com, cartravel@pobox.com, tony@tonydrews.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] My favorite memory of Jack...
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:32:59 EDT
--===============1293950648==

--part1_ccf.3a45a3a1.35e16b8b_boundary

In a message dated 08/22/2008 9:56:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
GSFuqua1@aol.com writes:

> Well said Larry.  While I wasn't at your garage I was at Hallett that year
> and remember your problems & Uncle Jack's.  Just shows that regardless of the
> outcome of the competition there is always a good time to be had with
> friends.

I could be wrong, but Larry might not be remembering that Hallett story 100%
correctly.  In fact, I think Jack was working on our Thunder Bolt (not his
car, and it certainly was not his mistake).  The two and three liners were in
wrong.  J K Jackson pointed it out, and Jack Drews led an effort to make 'at
track' corrections.  It was an ill-advised, albeit enthusiastic effort, (the
figure eight gaskets got compromised).  Kas couldn't bear to watch, and left
the
area with a grin on his face.  We had a ton of kibitzers, and Jack was getting
far more help and advise than he needed.  I've got some great pictures of Jack
working to first get the liners out (enough to turn them), and then to get
them back in.  We were using a really big hammer.  Can't remember why we needed
Larry's head, but we did, and I returned it to Jack after I got back home.  We
actually got the car running, but the oil looked like a light chocolate milk
shake.  We had plans to change the oil and run it a BARBER the following week
end, but decided that was a bad idea.

Bill Dentinger

**************
It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.

--part1_ccf.3a45a3a1.35e16b8b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" SIZE=3D3 P=
TSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Baskerville Old Face" LANG=3D"0">In a me=
ssage dated 08/22/2008 9:56:42 PM Central Daylight Time, GSFuqua1@aol.com wr=
ites:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Well said Larry.&nbsp; While I=20=
wasn't at your garage I was at Hallett that year and remember your problems=20=
&amp; Uncle Jack's.&nbsp; Just shows that regardless of the outcome of the c=
ompetition there is always a good time to be had with friends.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Baskerville Old Face"=
 LANG=3D"0"><BR>
I could be wrong, but Larry might not be remembering that Hallett story 100%=
 correctly.&nbsp; In fact, I think Jack was working on our Thunder Bolt (not=
 his car, and it certainly was not his mistake).&nbsp; The two and three lin=
ers were in wrong.&nbsp; J K Jackson pointed it out, and Jack Drews led an e=
ffort to make 'at track' corrections.&nbsp; It was an ill-advised, albeit en=
thusiastic effort, (the figure eight gaskets got compromised).&nbsp; Kas cou=
ldn't bear to watch, and left the area with a grin on his face.&nbsp; We had=
 a ton of kibitzers, and Jack was getting far more help and advise than he n=
eeded.&nbsp; I've got some great pictures of Jack working to first get the l=
iners out (enough to turn them), and then to get them back in.&nbsp; We were=
 using a really big hammer.&nbsp; Can't remember why we needed Larry's head,=
 but we did, and I returned it to Jack after I got back home.&nbsp; We actua=
lly got the car running, but the oil looked like a light chocolate milk shak=
e.&nbsp; We had plans to change the oil and run it a BARBER the following we=
ek end, but decided that was a bad idea.<BR>
<BR>
Bill Dentinger<BR>
</FONT><BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>It's only a deal if it's where you want=
 to go. Find your travel deal here.<BR>      (http://information.travel.aol.=
com/deals?ncid=3Daoltrv00050000000047)</HTML>