Air Leak

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air Leak
From: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:22:54 -0800
When the top (hood) is up on my BN1, apparently there is a gap between the
windshield and the top (hood).  Air blows over the upper edge of the
windshield and into the cabin.  On a rainy day, water comes through.  What do
you experts do to seal between the windshield and the top (hood)?  I have
tried adding foam weather-stripping, but it doesn't help much.

The wood bow on the top (hood) that runs across the windshield does not seem
to be pulled down sufficiently in the center.  It looks like a center latch
might help.  I have a MGA center latch, but I don't see a good way to mount
it, since drilling holes in the window frame would probably crack the glass.

I would much appreciate your advice on how to get rid of the air leak..
Thanks in advance.

Ben
BN1