Re: Air Leak

To: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>, "Healeys"
Subject: Re: Air Leak
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:31:37 -0500
Ben,
A Hundred will never seal completely from rain. That said, the problem you
are experiencing with the gap along the centre portion of the bow to
windscreen can be pretty much eliminated by working the geometry of the bows
assembly back where the whole thing mounts to the car. The 3 screws that
mount the assembly on each side of the car need to be loosened and rotated
so the header bar will reach the windscreen more easily. Sort of an up and
tilt forward motion. It's hard to describe but you will immediately see the
effect on closing or at least greatly reducing that centre gap.
Also the header bar seal should have not just a rectangular cross section
but have a bit of a lip that fits just over the forward edge to further help
the sealing situation.
I would urge you to try these recommendations before you go drilling any
holes or adding any other mechanisms to your car.
Rich Chrysler