Re: [Healeys] Oil additives -- great informaton. Thanks.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil additives -- great informaton. Thanks.
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 09:00:58 -0700

--------------240CB0E327D5602577E176FF

Not me, but I don't think I'd have any qualms using it (unless it's
majorly expensive; oil change frequency is at least as important as oil
brand/grade/type). Seems similar to something in use in the aviation
community for a long time: https://cessnaowner.org/camguard/ (but this
IS an additive).

I used to put miracle elixirs in my oil and gas--yes, I even tried the
infamous 'Slick 50,' possibly the product that started the additive rage
(maybe it was 'STP?')--but now I figure it's best to use
namebrand/TopTier gas and a reputable oil and change it often. From what
I can tell, quite a few Healey owners use VR-1, and I don't recall
anyone having an issue with it (doesn't mean it hasn't happened).

Not an additive, but I put an aftermarket oil/air separator ('catch
can') on my Mustang GT, and I'm glad I did; it catches about a teaspoon
of oil every thousand miles.  That oil would otherwise gunk up the
intake manifold (engine has both port and direct injection, but neither
helps keep the manifold clean).  Note this isn't a problem with a stock
Healey, as the SUs dump plenty of raw gas into the manifold (they even
need drains for the excess!).

Bob

On 5/2/2020 8:33 AM, Engl wrote:
> Has anyone used Camoil?  It sounds real good, but Iâ??ve not come across
> anyone who has used it.
>
> https://www.camoils.com <https://www.camoils.com/index.php>
>
> BobE

--------------240CB0E327D5602577E176FF

  <head>
  </head>
    Not me, but I don't think I'd have any qualms using it (unless it's
    majorly expensive; oil change frequency is at least as important as
    oil brand/grade/type). Seems similar to something in use in the
    aviation community for a long time:
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://cessnaowner.org/camguard/";>https://cessnaowner.org/camguard/</a>
(but this IS an additive).<br>
    I used to put miracle elixirs in my oil and gas--yes, I even tried
    the infamous 'Slick 50,' possibly the product that started the
    additive rage (maybe it was 'STP?')--but now I figure it's best to
    use namebrand/TopTier gas and a reputable oil and change it often.
    From what I can tell, quite a few Healey owners use VR-1, and I
    don't recall anyone having an issue with it (doesn't mean it hasn't
    happened).<br>
    Not an additive, but I put an aftermarket oil/air separator ('catch
    can') on my Mustang GT, and I'm glad I did; it catches about a
    teaspoon of oil every thousand miles.  That oil would otherwise gunk
    up the intake manifold (engine has both port and direct injection,
    but neither helps keep the manifold clean).  Note this isn't a
    problem with a stock Healey, as the SUs dump plenty of raw gas into
    the manifold (they even need drains for the excess!).<br>
    Bob<br>
      cite="mid:18633626-FD3B-456E-AEDC-6C1BB93C5732@accesscomm.ca">
      Has anyone used Camoil?  It sounds real good, but Iâ??ve not come
      across anyone who has used it.
          moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.camoils.com</a><br>
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face