Re: [oletrucks] Disc brakes vs. original equipment

To: "Norm" <dahorse@jvlnet.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Disc brakes vs. original equipment
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 11:22:20 -0800
my only real concern is
the brakes! Are they adequate for daily road use?....I know they were in the
50's.....but how about now?

Norm-

My 2 cents worth:  I have a '50 3/4 ton daily driver.  It is basically all
stock, except for the 4.10 rear end and 16 inch wheels and tires.  I add 40%
to what is on the speedometer to calibrate my speed, and cruise at 55 in the
outside lane on the interstate.  I have all original brake equipment, with a
new master cylinder.  I can hit my brakes and stop just as quickly, or skid
just as far as I could with dics brakes, and thus far am quite happy with
things the way they are.  In my opinion, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Smokey Culver

'50 3600 5-window (mine) & '56 3600 (hers)