Re: [oletrucks] Disc brakes vs. original equipment

To: dahorse@jvlnet.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Disc brakes vs. original equipment
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:06:05 -500
> From:          "Norm" <dahorse@jvlnet.com>
> To:            "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>
> Cc:            <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Subject:       Re: [oletrucks] Disc brakes vs. original equipment
> Date:          Wed, 24 Nov 1999 06:56:57 -0600

> > Norm:
> >     Just curious.  How many rpm's did you pick up with the pulley change?
> >
> > Mark Self
>
> Well Mark......:-) I would say maybe 20% if I had to guess....I didn't take
> the time to do the math.....was a spurr of the moment engineering
> improvement based on the assumption that the faster ya spin it the better it
> works :-)
>
> Norm

Not true! The clothes need to free fall to dry quicker. If they are
stuck to the side of the drum they will not dry as quickly! Thats why
they have the vanes in the side of the tubs ... to lift the clothes
up and let them fall into the heated stream of air in the center!:-)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Rogerg