Re: [oletrucks] Disc brakes vs. original equipment

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Disc brakes vs. original equipment
From: "Norm" <dahorse@jvlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 06:56:38 -0600
> Norm-
>
> My 2 cents worth:  I have a '50 3/4 ton daily driver.  It is basically all
> stock, except for the 4.10 rear end and 16 inch wheels and tires.  I add
40%
> to what is on the speedometer to calibrate my speed, and cruise at 55 in
the
> outside lane on the interstate.  I have all original brake equipment, with
> new master cylinder.  I can hit my brakes and stop just as quickly, or
skid
> just as far as I could with dics brakes, and thus far am quite happy with
> things the way they are.  In my opinion, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>
> Smokey Culver

This I think is my exact plan of attack at this point! I have considered a
12v swap.....upgrading the brakes etc.....but I am a hot rodder at
heart.........so If I allow one small modification it will escalate from
that point........and the next question I will be asking is who builds tube
frames for these trucks.....:-)

And because what I want is a "stock" old chevy truck......I will have to be
very cafeful with my project I fear....Think of this as......a test of
willpower......LOL

So we are going ta try 100% original....cept maybe the tires and
wheels.....:-)

Norm