Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: Randy Potter <rpotter@MAIL.CLARION.EDU>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 19:34:22 -0400
I took the slave out of my son's MK 4 from the top.  I think it may be
possible from the bottom, but it would really be a pain.

I do have some advice though.  If the slave has a metal dust boot don't try
to remove it or if you do be very careful since that thing must go back on.
 I hear that some kits come with that metal ring, but I have never seen
one.  I now have email from 6 folks who screwed this up.  I make 7.  I
think, but I am not sure that the proper way to do it is to pull the flat
rubber seal out of the end and after repairing the cylinder push in a new
one.  I don't know of anyone who has done that, it just seems like the only
way to do it.  Joe Curry was able to take one off and maybe even put it back.

Sam