Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: Randy Potter <rpotter@MAIL.CLARION.EDU>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 19:53:53 -0400
At 06:30 PM 7/6/98 -0400, Randy Potter wrote:
>I knew it was too good to be true.

<Tale of Woe SNIPPED>

> what is the best approach to the slave cylinder,
>from the bottom or from the top?  The manuals are mute on this topic.

Randy, actually the Bentley tells you TOO MUCH.   Their preferred method is
to do it from the top (removing the transmission tunnel).

That's the way I did mine, but I was restoring the interior.  It takes a
lot of hours that way.

I have heard of DPOs-in-training cutting holes in the tunnel.  Don't know
if that is the best thing to do.

I looked underneath, but all my tools are too big and rigid to get at the
bleeder.

Atwell