Re: Painting a spitfire question

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Painting a spitfire question
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:30:11 -0000
>3. Modern paints are outstanding in comparison to even those of 20
>years ago. Even so, I always
>feel a lot happier if at least one good dollop of zinc hits that bare
>metal as the primary covering.
>If two can be applied, I'm a very happy man.

You might consider having your car dumped in a zink galvenising tank, it is
posible and I believe not too expensive. It only gets expensicve it you try
chrome or gold plating.

I personly have used Finigans 151 zink primer, I painted it on by hand, and
rubbed down to a good finish, it can also spray.