Re: Spitfires and non-verbal communications

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfires and non-verbal communications
From: Conn <conn@wctc.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 08:45:38 -0600

Brad Kahler wrote:

> Conn,
>
> Maybe you had better reread your OWN post then because the first half of
> the comment to Laura you say "seem almost arrogant" which is somewhat
> forgiving, whereas the 2nd half of your post to Laura says "I have come to
> the conclusion"

I said that from reading her posts I had come to that conclusion. Based solely
on the content of the posts in question, this was one reader's interpretation.
Again, a simple illustration of how a reader might not see what the writer
intended them to see. Surely, you do not intend to say there is no possible way
that a reasonable person, based on the content of Laura's previous posts, would
come to the conclusion that Laura is bragging about her car (whether she
intended it to look that way or not)?

> which in my book any way you cut it thats stating an
> opinion.  A not particularly nice opinion either.

So, are you saying that opinions are unwelcome on this list, or simply opinions
*you* disagree with?