Re: Rotary Spitfire challenge to Tim Suddard

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rotary Spitfire challenge to Tim Suddard
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 12:52:00 -0500
DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> Let me clarify this one more time - I did NOT challenge Tim to a duel!  I am
> setting my car up for street use; Tim is setting his up for all out
> competition on a road course.

Not true.  It's a street car. Regardless, we all know you didn't
challenge him, but you cant blame us for trying to goad you into a match
race.  I mean, c'mon, the Ro-spit vs your 302 monster...  Two
beautifully crafted hybrids slugging it out.  If we could come up with
something like a Vitesse with a gas turbine we'd have pretty much every
possibility covered.  I might even be moved to start work on my
"Spitsubishi" (Mitsubishi 2.6 intercooled turbo 4 cylinder transplant)
project so I coould come to the party...  Now *THAT* would be an
entertaining Grassroots Motorsports feature story!

>I absolutely share John's enthusiasm for Tim's
> car. At Road Atlanta, it would eat my TR6/302 for lunch and throw the lunch
> bag back in my face. On a drag strip, I think I would win, but I wouldn't be
> too surprised if not.
>
> No need to put any money where my mouth is, because I haven't shot off my
> mouth. The only claims I've ever made for my car is how much fun I'm having
> doing it.

Genuinely sorry...  didn't mean for the "money where one's mouth is"
comment to come off as inflammatory..  It's just an expression.
Honestly it was directed more at some of the "125hp 1500" crowd...
Believe me, I have no doubt that your TR6 is a beast to be reckoned
with!

> Long live the Ro-Spit!

Viva the V8!

nothing but best wishes,