Re: Rotary Spitfire challenge to Tim Suddard

To: suchak@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Rotary Spitfire challenge to Tim Suddard
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 15:16:24 EST
In a message dated 98-12-01 12:51:52 EST, suchak@mediaone.net writes:

> Not true.  It's a street car.

Let me re-phrase that; mine is a street car for use on the street. His is a
competition car which can be driven on the street. His car may be legal and
docile enough to drive on the street, but the suspension system is flat out
competition. I have neither the knowledge nor the skills to do that. I have
the fabrication skills to build it if I knew what to build, but I don't have
the driving skills to fine tune it once it's built.

>  Regardless, we all know you didn't
>  challenge him, but you cant blame us for trying to goad you into a match
>  race.  I mean, c'mon, the Ro-spit vs your 302 monster...

No, I can't blame you, but it wouldn't really be a competition. If I remember
Road Atlanta very well, I would just be cruising through turn 7 as Tim pulled
into the pits. I might win at the dragstrip, provided I got enough of a lead
by half track to keep him from blowing by on the top end. At a 1/8 mile track,
I would probably win, but on a 1/2 mile track, I would lose for sure. When my
engine folded over at 6500 RPM, the rotary would still be winding out towards
10,000 plus. I've driven RX7s, both stock and modified, and they can be
awesome.

> Two beautifully crafted hybrids slugging it out.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments.

>  I might even be moved to start work on my
>  "Spitsubishi" (Mitsubishi 2.6 intercooled turbo 4 cylinder transplant)
>  project so I coould come to the party...  Now *THAT* would be an
>  entertaining Grassroots Motorsports feature story!

YES!!!  what's taking you so long?  Get going, man!

>  Genuinely sorry...  didn't mean for the "money where one's mouth is"
>  comment to come off as inflammatory..

No offense taken, none meant.

>  nothing but best wishes,

Thanks, same here.