Spit Roast Spitfires

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spit Roast Spitfires
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:37:25 -0000
I was wondering, is it possible to make a jig that would enable you to role
over a Spitfire, for working on the underside and things like that.
Presumably you would take of the bonnet, take the fuel tank out, take out
the engine and transmission, all easy tasks then you could put big skewer up
it's rear end, would you need to remove the rear light cluster panel.

Would you want to, or would you want to do that with the body when it's off
the frame.

My other idea was for a big frame that would allow me to lift the car, then
place battens underneath in any place under the car.

Just planning for a big restoration as soon as I have my feet on the ground
from University.

Anyone done this, and was it worth it?