spitfire story

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: spitfire story
From: "Mark A. Bunce" <bunce@alma.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 11:21:24 -0500
I bought my 1970 MkIII Spitfire in 1976 while in college. The PO had blown
the engine because he used a golf tee instead of a oil sender. It sat by
the Presidents house at the college under an oak tree. The top was shot and
the rockers rusted but it was all there. Small animals were living in the
seat covers but it was the prettiest car I had ever seen.I towed it home,
replaced the engine,fixed the body,painted it and drove it every summer
until the kids came. People ask why a 43 year old man with 2 kids,5 dogs,6
cats and house payments needs a sports car but they don't understand that
my wife and I were young in that car and just sitting in it in the
garage,starting the engine or seeing an  acorn roll out from under the dash
makes me for a brief moment 21 years old again.

Mark Bunce
1970 MKIII Spitfire
1976 1500 Spitfire