Re: Spitfire Diff. Noise Question

To: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Diff. Noise Question
From: PVanDuyne@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 21:23:33 EST
In a message dated 1/8/99 10:15:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil writes:

<< Alas Pete, While a hammer was quite influential in my rear end repairs, I
 did not take the axles off of the hubs...  Maybe I should of.  The TSSC
 tool eveyone is talking about, what is it? how much does it cost? do you
 have to be a member of TSSC to obtain one?  Still unclear of how it works
 (since I haven't attempted this job yet)  Do you need this to replace your
 rear bearings?  Thanks

 Patrick >>
Patrick

Triumph authorized service centers had a hub puller part no. S4221A and
adaptor S4221A-14. This tool is a specialized "gear" puller that fits on the
rear hub bolt pattern and has a threaded rod that can be pressed against the
axle shaft to remove the hue from the taper and then allow access to the rear
wheel bearings. The Triumph Sports Six Club are rumored to sell this or a
similar tool. I have not been able to successfully contact the club to find
out if they sell it, price, member, etc. Yes, you have to remove the hub to
get to the wheel bearings, I am sure a good machine shop arbor press can
remove the hub.