Spit wiper motor ??

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit wiper motor ??
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:44:28 -0400
The Spitfire have come with 2 different wiper motors.  The older one,
used until the 70s, has a rectangular motor housing and a top hat
in the gear plate.  The later type has a more clylindrical motor housing
and not top hat on the motor plate.

On the older type the top hat contains the park switch and you control
how far up or down the wiper are when the motor cuts off.

My question is, does the newer type have a part switch?  How do you
control the position of the wiper when the motor is parked?  I am having
problems with my wiper motor.  It runs quite slowly and the wipers only
move across about 1/2 the windshield.  When they park they park in the
middle of the windshield instead of retracting down to the bottom of the
windshield.

Before I start just tearing into things half cocked, I'm looking for any
experience the group has in this matter.

TIA

John