Re: Yugo

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yugo
From: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:24:40 -0700
I used to have a Lada (Fiat 124 model) & it was loads of fun once I tore
all of the environmental protection gear off. Although on starting huge
clouds of smoke would roil up from under the hood. It was a car that I just
didn't care about & so I had lots of fun tuning it to get the most bang out
of it.

- Mark

At 10:12 PM 4/21/99 -0500, Roger Elliott wrote:

>Both the Lada and the Yugo are essentially Fiats.  Fiat sold the tooling and
>the manufacturing rights to Lada and Yugo when Fiat felt they were
obsolete.  I
>am sure there are other models, but for what we saw in the States the Lada
was
>the Fiat 124 and the Yugo was the Fiat 128.
>
>Roger Elliott
>
>"Simmons, Reid W" wrote:
>
>> Wasn't the Yugo the "commie" attempt at copying a Fiat, or am I thinking of
>> the Russian-made Lada?
>>
>> Reid
>> '79 Spitfire

Mark Milotay, Principal