Re: Yugo

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yugo
From: "Marcus Schaper" <Marcus@Schaper.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:50:53 EDT

> I think the other car is spelled Zil.  Isn't there also some sort of
> russian type jeep which was/is sold in the US under the UAZ label?  I
> recall reading about this a while back.

OK, here is a list of east European/Russsian car makes:
- Moskwich , Russian started out originally in 46 with the 37 Opel
Kadett (they disassembled the entire plant in Eisenach)
- GAZ, Russian Jeep
- UAZ, same thing (I believe)
- ZIL big Russian cars (their Cadillacs)
- LADA, normal size Russian car
- Polski Fiat, Fiat 126 (Bambino) made in Poland
- Skoda, Czech (now part of Volkswagen)
- Sachsenring (Trabant), East German 2-stroke, 2-cylinder
- Wartburg, East German, 2-stroke, 3-cylinder (based on pre war DKW)
- Tatra, czech (made an air cooled  rear engine flat 8 in the 50s)
- YUGO
- Barkas, East German van
- Robur, East German truck
- Ikarus, Czech (I believe) bus