Re: Yugo

To: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Yugo
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:17:33 -0700
Laura,
Back in the late '60s I worked for a dealership that sold Saabs and
Fiats.  We basically carried 4 models, the 850 Spider, 124 sport and the
124 Coupe and some other sedan that I'd rather forget about.  My
impression was that none of them were much in the way of mechanical
wizardry.  But my impressions may have been tainted by the other side of
the house that carried some real jewels!  Those little 3 banger 2 cycle
engines that would run backwards if you weren't careful or that German
Ford V4, what a smooth engine!!!  How about the original Sonnett (sp?)
All were as well built as today's Saabs.

Joe

"Laura G." wrote:

> A Fiat 850!!! Wow waaaaay cool! They've become so rare now-a real collectors
> car.
>
> Just call me "The Patron Saint of Lost Cars"!

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer