Re: Clicking wheels / good news

To: Spitfire Internet Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clicking wheels / good news
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 07:40:53 -0700

That thought has merit.  However, If I understand the symptoms Jeff described,
it sounds all too familiar.  I had a left rear vertical link that after removal
and inspection revealed an oval bolt hole.  When I would start out, the trunnion
bolt would be jammed against the rear of the hole and stay there until I lifted
off the gas.  At that time it would make the clink as it pushed to the front.  I
got to where I could control when it did that by my actions on the brake and gas
pedals.

With that burned into my not too distant memory, I would be very surprised to
find that it was related to U-Joints in this case.

(But then I've been surprised more than once dealing with these little cars) !!
:)

Joe