Re: Clicking wheels / good news

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Clicking wheels / good news
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 13:01:42 -0400
My symptoms were a rumbly sound while coasting at low speeds.
It went away during acceleration. (I guess there was enough torque
on the joint to keep it from banging around from the side loads.)
The Locktite is admittedly a hack, but I'd think it would
preferable to trashing the entire axle (and having to install
a new one into the hub).  I was lucky in that 90% of the problem was
in the flange yokes, so I simply got a pair of replacement flanges.

Doug