Re: Safety inspection?

To: eyates@enteract.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety inspection?
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:56:51 +0100

Eric,

I don't think safety inspections are especially helpful to people like you (and
I hope most of the listers) who check and look after their cars properly.  They
are designed for the reckless car owner who knows that the floor under his
passenger seat is actually corroded right through, causing the seat to move
around (guess which 19-year-old broke student that was, and guess who failed the
MOT and then sold the car to a scrap yard for 10GBP a couple of months later -
yep, me!)

As for what's checked, though, I've already seen several replies, but if you
want, I can e-mail (or fax) the MOT failure sheet (which lists all the broad
categories that are checked) tomorrow - just let me know before 6.00pm BST
(GMT+1 hour) tonight.

Dean