Re: Spit MK3 Dash Warning Lights question

To: "Stephen Hall" <shall@fastpointcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Spit MK3 Dash Warning Lights question
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:10:25 -0400
Thanks,

If I understand you correctly, the warning light for a defective generator
would be the IGNITION light in the speedo?
(Left - High Beams, Center- Ignition, Right - Oil)

BTW I finaly found out (reading the electrical schemas in the workshop
manual) that it IS a generator.  What is the best way to test the amp
output?  Already checked the voltage (looked OK) but the amps only gave me
1-2 amps. I'm probably doing something wrong 'cause I'm sure it should be
higher than that.  Any pointers?

Note: One the car is started, the ignition light goes off.  But my battery,
evven after an hour of running at idle, doesn't get recharged!  I know it's
only a generator but shouldn't it be able to reccharge the battery if
nothing else is turned on?

TIA
Steph
Ottawa, Canada
'69 Spit - Hers (Getting "new" fiberglass floors this week!)
'71 TR6 - Mine (Can't wait for winter - that's when I will work on it
again!!!)