Re: Spit MK3 Dash Warning Lights question

To: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>,
Subject: Re: Spit MK3 Dash Warning Lights question
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:27:15 -0700
Hi Steph,

Can't help you with the dash lights, since the '69 models were equiped with
the later-style dashboards.  Good luck on the floor patch -- just make
certain that the sheetmetal under your seats (the part that supports your
weight) is sound.  The fiberglass fix has worked REALLY well for the
footwells until I can have the entire floorboards replaced.  Just make
certain that you use the heavier fiberglass "mat" material as opposed to the
thin, cheesecloth looking stuff.  You'll wind up with a much stronger floor
and the heavier stuff is much easier to work with.  Use a small dense foam
rubber roller instead of the usual plastic spreaders to apply the resin to
the mats -- MUCH easier to work with.  I'd also recommend a few sets of
latex gloves within easy reach to keep that stuff off your hands!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!