Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, griffco@mail.cadvision.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:18:33 -0400
With a machine shop turning down the shaft and making an adapter plate,
virtually anyting is
possible, even things like a T5 or T6 transmission.  Though I can't see needing
one of them
behind even the hottest of Triumph engines.

Toyota truck 5 speeds (indestructable), Toyota Supra 5 speeds (better geared),
B210 transmissions,
and BMW transmissions are all adaptable to Spitfires, all with kits from
various points of the globe.
I wonder what is supposedly wonderful about the Pony transmission?

I did go surfing looking up info on the Pony, and I did find complaints about
the transmissions,
at least for the earlier years.