Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire/Hyundai Transmission
From: "John & Judy Tones" <jtones@home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:18:37 -0700
Well I'm not a real "fan" of Hyundai either BUT - the family has a 1986
Excel (from new) that now has just under 300,000 Kms on the clock, same
engine. Has had to have the tranny and clutch replaced but then it also
taught 4 teens how to drive !! Poor thing !
They are not engineering marvels and maybe we just got a good one but other
than the expected minor mechanical repairs this thing has been great - to
the point that it is of very little monetrary value but its so damned
reliable that I can't push myself to get rid of it.
Anyway - just one owners opinion, like our Spits - some are good and
then ----
John Tones