RE: Puckered gas tank

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Puckered gas tank
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:19:24 EDT
Howdy all.  About 6 months ago, I broke off my oil pressure
sending unit and then cleverly snapped off the extractor in it.
The list has given me some wonderful suggestions on how to remove
this mess, but I lack the skill, tools and/or industry to actually
carry them out.

So on to plan B which is removing an oil galley plug from the
block (probably the one over the starter) and putting in an oil
pressure guage.  Problem is that I have combed the plumbing
stores and cannot find an adaptor small enough to match the galley
plug threads.  The threads LOOK to be about the same size as a
brake line and I was wondering what would be typically used by
those listers who replaced the plastic feed line for the guage
with a steel line.  Is it a brake line? Or is there something
special I should look for?  (I'm thinking about just dumping
all the various pieces on the auto parts counter and letting them
sort it out.)

Any and all suggestions welcomed!  Thanks as always...

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire