RE: Puckered gas tank

To: "'L&B Lubbers'" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: RE: Puckered gas tank
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:07:49 -0700
Len;

I had this same thing happen to my tank.  The root cause was that one of the
two venting restrictors (there was one back at the tank & one up by the
carbon canisters) had become plugged.  The suction of the fuel pump
eventually collapsed the tank down to about 5 gallons.  I took mine to a
shop that fixes radiators and gas tanks and they fixed it up good as new.
Now I don't have to drive the car with the gas filler cap open to vent the
tank. :-)

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)