Re: Puckered gas tank

To: "Spitfire (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Puckered gas tank
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:29:29 -0400
Wow, it looks like I hit the jackpot on this one.  Thanks so much to all who
replied with the swell answers.   I would say this Spit-list is alive and
well.

To those who wondered how it could still run, I should have explained that
the tank looked this way when I was stripping it down 6 years ago.  I guess
this proves what mom said: "If you pucker/stretch/contort your face like
that, it will stay."

If anything unusual happens, I will let you know.  However, based on my
schedule, the job will have to wait for a couple weeks.

It kind of reminds me of the old one about the guy tried to blow up a
car...he burned his lips on the muffler (groan).

Tanks again.

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario
'79 (gasping) Spitfire

P.S. To Scott? HD883HUGGR@aol.com Please delete this email immediately,
there are far too many attempts at humour.