Re: warning light and alternator

Subject: Re: warning light and alternator
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:11:58 -0500
It's simply a matter of the cut-in point.
The Delco (GM) circuit design has a much lower 'drop-out'
point than the old Lucas design. Once you rev it and it breaks into
regulation, the engine has to drop to a much much lower
rev to get the GM unit to fall out.

How many of you know which major car manufactures are
still using Lucas today?  (HINT-  there are 6 of them internationally!)

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com