Re: wheel bearings AND u-joints

To: Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wheel bearings AND u-joints
From: <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 05:15:07 -0700 (PDT)
Brad, It all depends where the squeak is coming from.
Front bearings are easy to replace. Now the rear
u-joints. I previously wrote about replacing the
u-joints on my 79 spit and it turned out that one of
the axle half shafts got bent a little when pressing
in the new u-joint. It ended up locking up that side
of the rear end while on my way to Lexington,Ky...it
spun several times then into the guardrail, back out
and another spin and back into the guardrail. I was
ok, but the spit is totaled.... I already have another
body but still looking for a reasonably priced frame
that is close enough for me to go get.
    So the question is " How lucky do you feel"?? You
just might drive it til fall and not have any
problems, but when you do get it replaced, make sure
nothing gets bent.

                    Henry Stike

--- Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/