Re: Insurance

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: transerv@sprynet.com
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 19:25:18 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bob,

I couldn't agree more.  I too hate the fact that roughly 50% of the drivers in
my area do not have insurance.  Many get around the Texas and New Mexico laws
by
buying insurance, and then cancelling it the day after they buy plates or get
it
inspected.

I think the best suggestion I ever heard was to tack insurance onto the price
of
gas.  If you buy fuel, you are insured, whether you like it or not.  Of course,
this would necessitate involving the government, and I'm sure they could mess
it

I insure with USAA, terriffic people to deal with, but not available to
everyone.  I constantly add and delete cars as they get bought, sold, run, dont
run.../.  I reccomend that everyone with a military officer in their family
check out USAA.

Robert Houston
74 Midget "Katy", liability only (cross your fingers)
63 Triumph TR4, sleeping in the garage and uninsured.