Re: Insurance

To: "Lancer7676" <Lancer7676@aol.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 20:10:49 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
State Farm provides the liability coverage on all my cars, so I checked
with them about insuring my Healey for its true value without a mileage
limit (they do not provide "classic car" insurance).  They will do this,
with a written, certified appraisal and photographs of the car for their
file.  Plus lots of bucks.

What burns me is that in N.C., in order to keep the personalized plate on
the car I have to maintain insurance on it.   I haven't driven the car
since September due to an engine rebuild, and am not likely to until next
September.  If I drive my cars one day a month, and they stay in the garage
the other 29 days, I still have to pay the full amount as if it was a daily
driver.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 "HEALEYUM"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain