Re: Thicko demographics

To: Team Thicko Mail List <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thicko demographics
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 06:40:56 -0400
Fun reading -

I'm Mike Jackson, pilot of two vintage racers, a red TR3 and the Shadowfax,
a formula V.

I am employed by Pratt & Whitney, producer of jet aircraft engines for both
commercial and military aircraft as well as a few rocket motors.  I have the
position often despized by both workers and top management, yep, I'm that
very rare middle manager.  My background, and my group's work is in the
development of embedded software for our engine control systems.  My
university work was in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.  Younger
folks now get a degree called Computer Engineering.  So, if you wanna
reprogram your highly illegal digitial fuel system for your over developed
Sprite, I'm your guy!  One of our current projects is to reprogram the
control from a Dodge Neon to run a liquid fuel rocket motor...it's lovingly
called the Neon in Space project.

I'm 51 going on 18

Hope you are all having a great time at or near the BRIC, wish I could be
there.

mike