Re: Thicko demographics

To: Team Thicko Mail List <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thicko demographics
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 00:14:06 -0400
I think I'm finally about recovered from my marathon prep for Mosport, and will

On 20 Jul 99, at 8:09, Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

> I don't care whether you're an active racer, a sports car enthusiust, or
> you just hang out for the food...

Or all of the above?

> What do you do (or did you do) for a living?

Electronics/Media/Computer Geek. Currently direct computer operations for
Cornell University Alumni Affairs & Development.

> If you're not too vain, perhaps you could include your age.

41. Plus an extra year for the recent car prep marathon, minus 10 or 20 for
state of mind.

'Been messing with British cars for 20 years now, and have acquired an
average of about one a year.. (They just like it here!) Mostly MG & Healey
stuff, ranging from '34 MG to an '80 Rover SD1 (Which I should probably
sell...) I've been a member of the British & Racing cars networking effort
since around '88, and try to maintain the web side of the servers that MJB
runs these mailing lists on. (WWW.TEAM.NET) I've been driving on the track
for 9 years now, and racing for the last 6.

I really like Sprites as race cars - great to work on & drive. Fast laps come
only as a result of a proper combination of both! (At least when you play by
VARAC and similar rules.)

 Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.team.net/wayward/
                  "The Wayward Sports Car Centre"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."