Re: Thicko demographics

To: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Subject: Re: Thicko demographics
From: William Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:45:32 -0500
<<Lurk mode off>>

Hi Group!

I'm Bill Elliott (no, not the Ford guy, but a fellow suthn'r), 34, and a
car junkie.

I work for Marquette Medical Systems (recently purchased by GE) as their
director of government contracts selling diagnostic medical equipment.
Formerly a fast attack submarine driver and then ran clinical
engineering at Naval Hospital Bethesda... but just to support my habit.
;-)

I live in Lake Mills, WI and work in Milwaukee (yes, a 120 mile/day
commute... I was so used to those DC commute times...)

I do mainly LBCs (my first love was a '71 Midget), Corvairs, Quattros,
etc... usually cars which are unique and ones which I consider
dreadfully undervalued... or just cheap ;-)

The current crop consists of a bunch of Corvairs, '59 Berkeley 328
(basket case), '60 Berkeley T60 3 wheeler, '64 Trabant P600, '67 Dart GT
273-4, '71 TR6, '73 914-4, '75 300D, '86 Audi 4000Q, & a'89 SAAB 900T
'vert. Some projects, mostly drivers, nothing pristine.

Projects I still have but which are for sale since I'm out of room
(thanks to the recent Berkeley purchases) include a Corvair coupe,
Corvair-based Berry Mini-T buggy, '65 Polara 'vert 383, and a '70 Datsun
2000 Roadster. I'd also trade these for professional paint and bodywork.
;-)

My daily driver is an 85 Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe... which I just
managed to blow the head gasket on down at Blackhawk last weekend
autocrossing with a bunch of Corvair racers.  (In DC I crewed for an ITA
Corvair at Summit Point, as well as cornerworking).

Anybody passing through is more than welcome to stop for a beer and/or
pointless car talk.

I have two kids and a VERY understanding wife.

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI

<<Resume Lurk Mode>>