Re: thicko demographics

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: thicko demographics
From: CooperS66@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:07:54 EDT
Fellow Thickos:

I sent a short response to Flounders queries, but I never saw it come up on
the list, so here goes another try.

I live and work in Fayetteville, Arkansas.  We're located in the far
northwestern portion of the state, thankfully the only part of the state that
didn't support the BOOB.  I've lived here for approximately 11 years.  I
moved here from NYC.  There was a certain degree of culture shock, but once
you get to know the Fayetteville subway system it's not too hard a change.

I've been an investment banker for the past 13 years, but was trained as a
mechanical engineer.  First job out of college was as a research and design
engineer for Head Racquet Sports (fun job -- low pay).  For the past ten
years I've concentrated on securitizing hairy assets including student loans
and SBA loans, and no you can't take out a student loan to attend Skip Barber.

Because we're so far away from the regular Thicko venues, we only get to see
the guys every once in a while, but we try to hold the banner proudly down
here.  We had a nice showing at Topeka over the 4th of July and hope to have
a good showing at Hallett in the fall with CVAR.  If I can work the
scheduling correctly, I'll see you at Indianapolis.

I'm 38 with two daughters, Emily - 6 and Alex  - 2 1/2, and one wife Cindy.
My daughter Emily has graciously allowed me to race her mini until she's of
age.

Tim Webb