Re: 61 TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 61 TR3A
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 07:40:45 -0600
TeriAnn Wakeman writes:

 > To survive a complete restoration I think you either got to love
 > wrenching on things in your spare time and have at least $200/month
 > income that can go to the rebuild, or you need to be extreamly
 > stubbern and too stupid to stop doing something you're tired of doing
 > and go out and get a life.  If you are not in ether of these extreams,
 > chances are you will not be sucessful

Actually, it depends on the day, but I think I fit all of the above!
:-) I love to wrench.  Most of the time.  But when I HAVE to wrench,
pressured to get something done, it takes a little of the fun out of
it.  However, the joy of fixing something that no longer works, is
VERY satisfying.  I would say that the agony endured is payed back in
recipricol to the joy experinanced.  To refraise, the pain is worth
the joy, and anything worth while is hard work.  TeriAnn will have a
smile the size of California for sometime the day she puts plates on
her TR3.

The other reason I enjoy working on british cars, is the people that
seem to come with them.  Every event, british car show, or what have
you, are full of good fun people.  We all have this british car thing
in common, and the group of people that own these cars become ak sort
of support group for each other.  It's a blast!

BTW, the new cam is in the '75 TR6, head replaced (who designed this
thing so the head has to be removed to refit new lifters?!?)
everything connected.  I went to bed last night with everything ready
to start.  I didn't want to attempt to start the beast before bedtime,
have something fail, the lie awake tring to figure what was wrong.
Hopped down to the garage this morning, and Varrrom!  That's how I
spell relief!  Now it's time to retune everything again.

-Scotty