Re: Spit exhaust manifold needed & questions

To: pbw@chong.dseg.ti.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit exhaust manifold needed & questions
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 10:23:42 -0500 (CDT)
For those of us too impatient to use the Liquid Wrench / tap / L.W. / tap
cycles, the HEAT method is also effective.  (Of course, if you don't have
an impact wrench, I'll bet you don't have a oxy/acetylene torch either.)
But a hand-held propane torch can be had for a few dollars, it just takes
longer to get the nuts red-hot.

On a recent tear-down I had the same problem with the exhaust manifold-to-
pipe nuts, and getting them red hot a couple of times did the trick.
And Hey!, those babies are hot for a while after they drop to the ground!

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB