Re: Spit exhaust manifold needed & questions

To: jer@thlogic.com
Subject: Re: Spit exhaust manifold needed & questions
From: S1500@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 22:19:37 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello Triumph Types,

On Monday June 12, Jeremy DuBois wrote:
------------------------begin included text-------------------------
That shouldn't be a problem since I've located a
replacement manifold (thanks to David Clark) from a '79 that'll (hopefully)
work on my '76.  At least the guys at TRF seemed to think it would.  I just
have to get new studs now.
------------------------end included text------------------------------

I believe the '79 manifold will bolt up just fine, *but* this manifold
is designed to be used with the CATalytic converter hanging off
of it.  You will have to get a (possibly gutted) CAT, or fabricate
some kind of transition to bolt to your existing exhaust pipe.
Additionally, the EGR valve location is different and some modification
may be required here.  Fortunately the AIR injection system on
both '79 & '76 cars use an "air distribution manifold" (although they are
different) to port the air directly in to the head.  Unlike '77 & '78
Spitfires
which port the air directly through one orifice into the exhaust manifold.

Hope this helps

Bob Sykes
75, 78, 78 Spitfires