Re: Veneer for dashboards

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Veneer for dashboards
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 12:43:08 -0900 (PDT)
On Tue, 20 Jun 1995 Charles.Y.Farwell@att.com wrote:

>       Why use a veneer at all, instead of just hardwood? Is it because
>       you wanted the burl, which was only available in veneer?

OK, I'm willing to put my foot in my mouth on this one! ;-)

Seems to me a high-quality marine plywood, with a properly applied
veneer, would be much more stable -- less prone to warping, splitting,
etc. -- than would a solid piece of hardwood.

Any experienced cabinetmakers care to comment?

Andy Mace (in woodworking ability, admittedly closer to Tim Taylor than Al
Borland!)