Re: Veneer for dashboards

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Veneer for dashboards
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 16:06:30 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
   From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>

   >    Why use a veneer at all, instead of just hardwood? Is it because
   >    you wanted the burl, which was only available in veneer?

   Seems to me a high-quality marine plywood, with a properly applied
   veneer, would be much more stable -- less prone to warping, splitting,
   etc. -- than would a solid piece of hardwood.

I too believe this would be true...

BTW, I think someone mentioned in a previous message that TRF's dashes
were solid hardwood. I may be confused, but I think they are veneer
over marine ply, as was the original dash.

                        -john
--
John Wroclawski
jtw@lcs.mit.edu