Re: Veneer for dashboards

To: Triumphs Only <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Veneer for dashboards
From: Michael Burdick <mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 15:36:59 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, John Wroclawski wrote:

> BTW, I think someone mentioned in a previous message that TRF's dashes
> were solid hardwood. I may be confused, but I think they are veneer
> over marine ply, as was the original dash.

You aren't confused, they are indeed veneer on plywood.  I bought one for
a TR4A a couple of years ago and it is BEAUTIFUL, and has held up nicely.
In one of their newsletters a few years back, they had an article on the
fellow that makes the dashes for them.  He sounded like quite the
craftsman with incredible attention to detail.  After seeing his product,
I would say this is indeed the case.  The dashes are not exactly cheap,
but I think they are worth the price.

FWIW,

Mike