Re: engine swap

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Re: engine swap
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 10:03:18 -0600
Call me a romantic, or a purist, or whatever, but to me the drive train
of a car is as much a part of that car as the sheet metal. Taking that
DOHC 6 out of a Jag is like removing its soul. Stick in an American V8
and you've got a hot rod in Jag's clothing. I hate it. If you want to drive
a car with a big American V8 in it, why not get an American car that came
with that engine? There's a bozo in my town that has an XJ6 with a V8 of
some sort, and when he starts that car, it's obviously not a Jag. Sort
of like the MGT replicas built on VW chassis...

Ever see the "Spock's Brain" episode of Star Trek? That's kind of like a
British sports car with an American engine...

You can get old Mustangs with honker V8s, you know. Bill Clinton likes them.
Ahh, another reason for going British...

Larry "Oops, was that political?" Snyder