Re: engine swap

To: NNORSKE@aol.com
Subject: Re: engine swap
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 10:31:47 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> I have a TR4 with a really bad
>transmission (serious rebuilding or replacement). Partly because of the
>expense involved with that problem and a kind of itch to make something
>different, I had a thought about replacing the engine and trans with a small
>V-8 or V-6.

My personal choice for a simple conversion and a super choice car is the
215 c.i. aluminum block Buick V-6. Same engine as in TR8. Makes a fun car
and easy conversion. No kit available that I know of but only change you
really have to consider is engine mounts and drive line length. The rest
of it is prettu much a drop in.
Tony R.
66,67,68,69GT6
64TR4