Re: PARTS NEEDED ( WANTED)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PARTS NEEDED ( WANTED)
From: Stuart Bollen <stuartb@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:23:00 -0500 (EST)
At 06:41 PM 11/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello group,
>I am looking for a couple of items for my TR-6 ( 75 ).
>  1- I would like to find a hard top and would prefer a factory over an
>aftermarket.
>  2- Has anyone had any experience with the triple weber carb set up ?
>I would like to know if there is noticable increase in power and what are the
>drawbacks ( excluding expense ) ? I would like to get more power and also any
>other suggestions would be appreciated.
>  3- I am also looking for a hard top for a 58 TR-3A
>
>Thanks
>Cecil in Utah
>75 TR-6
>58 TR-3A
>
>Cecil, after talking to a lot of experienced TR owners, including racers,
and reading up on tuning TR6s, its pretty unanimous that the benefit of
those gorgeous looking triple Webers is mainly psychological, especially on
a 73-76 detoxed engine. HOWEVER, I have been told that after putting in a
hot cam, high compression pistons, etc,etc there is a benefit with the
WEbers, but its the finishing touch so to speak. Now I'm going to get some
enraged responses for sure!