Re: PARTS NEEDED ( WANTED)

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: PARTS NEEDED ( WANTED)
From: Scott McGibney <aa372@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 11:24:20 -0600 (CST)
Cc: "J. Stovall" <jstovall@earthlink.net>, Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Gregory Petrolati wrote:

>       I got this tip for fine tuning Stromberg Zeniths from an old TR
>       duffer, who shall remain nameless (his initials are I.K.).
>
>       #1. Remove ZS carbs from their mounts.
>
>       #2. Carefully remove all linkage.
>
>       #3. Take both carbs out of the garage
>
>       #4. Pick a direction and throw carb #1 as far as you can
>
>       #5. Throw carb #2 as far as you can in the opposite direction
>
>       #6. Get SU carbs
>
>       I tried this method with the ZS's that came with the "Green Man".
>       It worked like a charm.

Greg - sounds like the same advice I got from an ex-racer/factory
mechanic I know.

Mark - I suspect that there a great many more SU's mouldering away in
storage than there are Weber DCOEs, hence a great number of us eagerly
anticipate your findings. Anybody got a single inch and a half SU for
sale or swap  (anticipating positive results and getting my query in
before the rush).

Does anyone know if the manifold in question would work with a GT6 or are
there clearance problems with the front carb? Also any data on needles
and jets (just when I thought I had a two carb setup sussed)?

thanx
Scott
GT6 Mk3