Re: PARTS NEEDED ( WANTED)

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: PARTS NEEDED ( WANTED)
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:41:44 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> Weber carbs are certainly interesting.  First off, I'll say that it is quite
> likely you don't want to install them yet.  There is a noticable difference
> in power and better throttle response, if the carbs are put on an engine in
> good condition, and are set up well.

                            ~snip~

> You will no doubt hear about Good's triple SU setup.  He claims to get as much
> power as Weber DCOEs, but I wonder about this.

                             ~snip~

.  In a year or so when I have a dyno in my shop I'll see what
> sort of difference,

                          ~snip~

  Another thing to check out on the dyno!

> mjb.

Mark,

       I saw an ad for a "triple stromberg" setup, courtesy of a gift
copy of the Six Pack Newsletter (thanks, Tom Tweed). Is this what you
meant? Can this manifold be used with SU's or Strom's? Do they have
the same bolt pattern? Not that I'm ready, just curios...
      Please do post your findings (of BHP) using various induction
systems, as I for one (and I think, everyone else here), would be
VERY interested in some factual input, as opposed to "seat of the
pants" impressions (honest, no pun is intended). I do realize the
limitations of any testing you could do, both in terms of financial
and time constraints, but all the same, a few facts are always better
than a lot of speculation...

awaiting next year's test results,

                           JOE IV
                           TR 250